Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Needing Proof You Can Trust God

from H

Well it is amazing how often the israelites choose to loose their faith. It think this is a very important lesson that happens all the time today. People turn to God when things are not going right for them. A lot of "god if you get me out of this mess I promise ???" etc etc. 
I do believe it is a common thread for people to lean on God when things are not going great. 
I think this chapter let's us know that God wants us to worship him the correct way in good times as well as bad times. He showed Gideon that he would protect him and lead him to victory of his enemy's. Gideon seemed to hesitate and he wanted proof so god did what Gideon asked to help build Gideon's confidence in his faith.  

 






* * *


from K 




I love the story of Gideon! I mean, who wouldn't want God incarnate to come down and talk to you when you're worried about going completely against the grain of the world all around you?

Did you pick up on any of the commentaries that the angel that visited Gideon was a reincarnation of Jesus?  




No comments:

Post a Comment